Here are a few of the projects I have worked on recently:
First is a charity quilt that was pieced by a member of the Murfreesboro Quilting Bees. I decided to do a custom quilt job on this quilt top. The thick seams were giving me trouble so I decided to try my hand at quilting in manual mode. Most of this was done with the stitch regulator off. Overall it was good practice for me.
Here is shot of the back. Everything was done free hand and I added a little ruler work to the top. There was one area where I couldn't decide what to do. The block that is closest to the camera in the picture below is what I am referring to. The maker of this quilt somehow got this block turned around without realizing it. I couldn't decide whether I should ignore the block and quilt the motif to match the other blocks or whether I should just rotate the design. In the end I chose to rotate the design even if the back of the quilt looked different. I figured the front of the quilt is what will be looked at more often and I didn't want to accentuate the fact that the block was wrong. Of course if this had been a client quilt I would have called and asked how they would have liked for me to deal with this.
Here is a UFO I quilted for Nannette who took advantage of my Penny Meander Sale. Nannette did a wonderful job piecing this top, pressing her seams and squaring up her quilt top. It was a dream to quilt up. For this quilt I actually used Connecting Threads "Essential" cotton thread in "Gold." It was perfect for these jewel toned fall colors.
Here is another charity quilt I quilted up for our guild. I'll have to find a picture of the whole thing. I quilted it with all over organic waves to add vertical movement to the braided panels. I also used "Essential" cotton thread on this one in a lovely "Rust" color.