SLIDER

I ‘Wannabe’ like Judi

Saturday, December 17, 2011

I have admired Judi’s talent from the first day I stumbled upon her blog. Talk about amazing talent!!! Each quilt she posts is amazing. So yeah, I want to be like Judi. There’s only one way to do that: '”practice, practice, practice.”

Recently I purchased a new ruler foot and 2 new rulers. I got both of them in them in the mail yesterday so like a kid with a new toy I couldn’t wait to try them out. I’ll post an in depth review of each item soon.

Inspired by the quilt Judi posted recently I did this:

ruler_stitch

I probably should have looked at the picture before starting because I didn’t make my loops fill in the half triangles. I was going from memory and apparently my memory isn’t that great! I need more practice at thinking “upside down.” The loops at the top are shorter and rounder than the loops at the bottom. I made the top ones from right to left and the bottom ones from left to right, so that probably has something to do with it too.

… but look at those nice straight lines!!! I can’t wait to start using these rulers for customer quilts.

Anyway, go say hi to Judi (tell her I sent ya) and make sure to bring a rag to wipe up all the drool.
~ Norma

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design