SLIDER

Irish Chain

Tuesday, May 5, 2015
This quilt was pieced by my guild sister Emily. She embroidered the paisleys and had backed them with batting so it gave it a faux trapunto look. I quilted a freehand swirly feather design all over, taking care to avoid the paisleys. (November 2014)

I used So Fine #492 which is a soft yellow but reads more like an ivory. Doesn't this quilt look great on my bed? I think I need one!

 


If you look closely at the following picture you can see that I managed to sew my hopping foot down! I'm not exactly sure how this happened since it happened so quickly. This is a spot where the seam was not sewn properly (there was a gap in the piecing) and my hopping foot just happened to flip it up and somehow tangled itself up! I was able to cut it free without damaging the quilt top. I just pointed the spot out to my customer so that she could tack it down by hand.


Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design