In January I had a lull in customer quilts so I pulled out one of my own UFO's (un-finished objects.) This is a quilt I made for my daughter before I got my long arm. In fact it was already spray basted together. I used my domestic machine to quilt around the applique (using a straight stitch) and mono-poly thread from Superior Threads.
It took a little creativity to load an already basted and partially quilted quilt, but I managed to do it and didn't have any problems.
I custom quilted this one. I added double feathers in the patchwork blocks, continuous curves in the border around the little girl, and traditional feathers in the background behind the little girl.
This was really fun to quit for my little girl. Currently (May) it is hanging in her room awaiting binding! Maybe I will get it done for her birthday in a few weeks.