SLIDER

Sun Bonnet Sue

Tuesday, May 5, 2015
A few weeks ago I received this customer quilt. It was very badly pieced (and she knew it), but it is still a quilt worthy of being finished. I explained to her that the only thing I felt comfortable doing was an all over meander and that I couldn't guarantee that there wouldn't be any puckers or pleats. She understood my terms and her only request was that I not put any stitches on the dolls.


I want to make sure that my customers know that every quilt is worthy of being finished! It doesn't matter your skill level, what matters is that you finish something that you started and made with your two hands. Don't be afraid to send me a less than perfect quilt (just don't expect custom quilting!)


This quilt has a story (doesn't every quilt?) A grandmother recently passed away. She had made graduation quilts for each of her grand daughters. These blocks were for the grand daughter graduating in a few weeks. The grandmother passed away before she could completely assemble the quilt top (hand stitched!) So one of the daughters, a non quilter, finished putting it together so that the grand daughter could have her graduation quilt. Once the top was pieced they contacted me to get it quilted.


 There was a lot of fullness but I was able to avid pleats and puckers. Well I did have to add some strategically placed pleats, but I added those right along the sashing so you can't even tell that they are there!

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design